1 cob of corn
1/2 cup of ricotta
3/4 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1 large egg
Zest of a lemon
1 heaped tablespoon parsley
1 heaped tablespoon mint
1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra if necessary)
- Using a box grater, grate zucchini, and place in a colander. Season with salt and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Steam the corn for a few minutes and cut the kernels off the cob. Alternatively, use 125g tin corn.
- Finely chop the shallots, corn, and herbs, and grate the lemon zest. Place in a large bowl.
- Over a sink, squeeze all liquid out of the zucchini
- Add the zucchini to the bowl with the herbs along with the ricotta, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, flour, baking powder, and the beaten egg.
- Stir to combine.
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop in a heaped spoonful of the mixture. Lower the heat if the fritters cook too quickly.
- Add 4 fritters at a time. After a few minutes or when you see the edges start to brown, use a spatula to flip. Press down and cook for another few minutes.
- Once cooked place on absorbent paper.
- Finish cooking the remaining fritters.
- Serve with tzatziki and a squeeze of lemon, topped with more herbs.