4 chicken thigh fillets
3 stalks of fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 an onion
1/4 cup of white wine
Salt and cracked pepper
- Cover the chicken in plastic wrap and bash (to thin out the thicker section of the chicken thigh)
- To a bowl, add the chicken, and season with salt, and cracked pepper. Add the wine, 1 and a half tablespoons of olive oil, and the remaining herbs. Mix and allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for 10 minutes.
- Dice the onion
- Add the remaining olive oil to a large fry pan and heat the pan on medium-high. When the pan is hot, add the chicken. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes one side or until browned, then turn over.
- Add the diced onions to the pan, sprinkling with a pinch of salt. Mix them occasionally so they don’t burn).
- Cook the chicken for a few minutes, then lower the heat and place a lid on, cooking for another 5 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Turn the heat off allowing the chicken to rest for a few minutes.
Serve with cauliflower steak or your favourite side of steamed greens.
NB If choosing to cook breast chicken, it may dry out quicker, so adjust the cooking time).