1.2kg chicken thighs bone in skin on
1 red capsicum
4 medium potatoes
1 punnet grape or cherry tomatoes
1 large brown onion
2 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon paprika
2-3 stalks of fresh thyme
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (to serve)
3-4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 deg celcius
- Roughly chop the vegetables into small pieces (similar sizes).
- Leave the garlic cloves whole but squash them with the base of your hand.
- Season the chicken well with salt and cracked pepper.
- Add the veggies and garlic cloves to the dish, scattering these amongst the chicken pieces.
- Pour over the balsamic.
- Sprinkle the oregano & paprika over the chicken & vegetables. Scatter over the thyme leaves.
- Ensure all the vegetables are seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Splash olive oil in the dish (the skin of the chicken will create lovely juices for everything to cook in).
- Using your hands, mix everything until all the herbs, balsamic & olive oil combo covers all the items within the dish.
- Place the tray uncovered in hot oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the veggies are cooked and golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley
You may want to dunk some bread in the delicious juices!!
Serve with steamed beans and salad.
The chicken and vegetables are delicious the next day mixed through baby spinach to make a warm salad.