400g casarecce or fusilli (spiral) pasta
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
2 bunches broccolini
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 tin of crushed tomatoes
1/4 piece of cauliflower
2 heaped table spoons of fresh ricotta
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic (or finely slice)
- Halve the cherry tomatoes
- Cut the cauliflower into bit size florets and cut the broccolini into 3cm pieces
- Fill a large pot of water, and salt and bring to a boil. Add the cut broccolini and cauliflower to the water.
- While the water coming to boil, heat a fry pan on medium heat and add the olives oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Allow that to sauté for a few minutes before adding the garlic. After a minute, add the cherry tomatoes, tin of crushed tomatoes and fill half the tin with water, adding it to the sauce.
- Season the sauce well with salt and some cracked pepper.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens (lower to a simmer if it becomes too thick).
- Add the pasta into the broccolini & cauliflower water and allow it to cook for 9-10 minutes (or per packet instructions until al dente). Check the seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and veggies but ensure approximately 1/3 cup of pasta water remains in the saucepan.
- Pour in the sauce and mix to combine.
- Turn off the heat and mix through a handful of grated Parmesan and drizzle the top with olive oil.
- Add the fresh ricotta on top of the pasta and serve.