8-10 Lamb loin chops (bone in)
3 garlic cloves
150g green olives
1 large lemon
1/3 cup white wine
2 sprigs of rosemary
1/3 cup plain flour
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: add 2 medium potatoes (chopped into small pieces)
- Season the lamb loin chops with salt and pepper. No need to remove the fat as this will render when cooked and release delicious flavour.
- Dredge each piece in flour then shake off excess.
- Heat a large heavy base pan with olive oil (it will need a lid).
- When hot, place lamb in and lightly brown on each side. When one side is brown, flip and in-between the pieces of lamb, add the whole cloves of garlic in between the lamb pieces.
- When both sides are browned, squeeze juice of half a lemon. Slice the other half and place lemon pieces on top of the lamb.
- Add wine and cook out for a few minutes. Add the olives and place the rosemary stalks in and lid on.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
*If adding potatoes, scatter these over the lamb when adding the garlic cloves. Ensure the pieces are small enough so they cook in time.