2 medium zucchini
1/2 a red onion
2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of water
1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of salt plus extra to season
1 tablespoon of finely chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of olive oil plus extra for cooking
Fresh salt to dress
- Use a mandolin or cut thin rounds of zucchini
- Thinly slice the red onion
- Finely chop the fresh rosemary leaves
- Add the zucchini to a colander and season with salt. Allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes. Press the top of the zucchini with a plate (to release all the excess liquid)
- Using a cheese cloth if available squeeze any excess liquid out, alternatively place on paper towel and pat dry.
- To a large bowl add the flour, zucchini, onion, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, grated Parmesan, water and olive oil.
- Mix to combine.
- Line a baking tray (approx 35cm X 25cm)
- Spray with olive oil.
- Pour in the zucchini mixture and smooth out to create a thin dough.
- Drizzle the top with olive oil and grate some extra Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- To serve sprinkle with sea salt.