4 medium sweet potatoes
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 heaped tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon rosemary (1 stalk fresh finely chopped)
2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
Olive oil (approx 1/4 cup)
Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Using a mandolin (it’s more difficult to cut by hand) slice the potatoes into 2-3mm slices (lengthways), so they look like surfboards
- Using a sharp knife, cut vertical lines (approximately 3mm apart down the sweet potatoes. Repeat this and cut the lines horizontally. This will create a grid effect and helps all the marinade, seep into the slits. Be careful not to cut through the sweet potatoes.
- You can repeat this process on the other side (optional)
- Melt the butter, crush the garlic and chop the herbs. In a large tray, add the olive oil, melted butter, salt, pepper, Parmesan, and herbs.
- Add the sweet potatoes in and with your hands massage all the mixture over the surfaces.
- Lay the sweet potatoes flat in the tray, trying not to overlap the pieces.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of sea salt flakes.