75g Pancetta diced
1.5 punnets cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
3-4 basil leaves plus extra for serving
1kg chicken thighs
1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
220g baby bocconcini (sliced into discs)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius fan forced.
- Finely dice the onions and garlic
- Chop the pancetta into small cubes
- Cut the zucchini length ways in half, the quarters and dice.
- Cut tomatoes in half or quarters.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and add the onion, garlic and pancetta.
- Sauté for a few minutes until it becomes aromatic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and seasoning well with salt. Lower the heat and add the water. Cook for 8 minutes pressing the tomatoes down to create the sauce.
- Add the zucchini to cook for 2 minutes.
- Line a large baking tray (you may need 2). If the chicken thighs are thick, bash them with a hammer. Season with salt and pepper on both sides and drizzle the base of the tray with olive oil.
- Spoon the sauce over each piece of chicken. Add 2-3 pieces of bocconcini on top of each chicken.
- Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle over olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil leaves and a side of greens.