1 large zucchini
40g baby spinach
1 clove garlic 1/2 cup peas
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
Salt & pepper
10 sheets of filo pastry
30g melted butter
- Cut zucchini into cubes (halve the zucchini, cut three times lengthways, and cut into small pieces).
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil on medium heat. Add crushed garlic and the zucchini. Spread the zucchini so it’s not overlapping. Season well with salt.
- Allow the zucchini to cook slowly for 15 minutes tossing occasionally until they start to caramelise.
- Add in the peas and baby spinach. Place a lid on and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
- Turn off the heat and mix through the Parmesan cheese.
- Once cooled, mix through the ricotta cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Melt the butter
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the melted butter over the sheet and lay another piece of pastry over the top.
- Lightly brush some butter on one half (vertically) and fold it over until halved.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons (not too full) of the mixture to the bottom of the pastry. Fold it over to form a triangle. Brush with butter to seal the edge. Continue to fold left to right until you finish the pastry.
- Brush the top of the triangle with butter and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mixture and sheets of pastry.
- Lay the triangles in a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.