3 medium- large Lebanese cucumbers
1 punnet cherry/grape tomatoes (2 medium tomatoes)
1/4 red onion
Handful of fresh basil
1 heaped teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup extra virgin Olive oil
1 tin of corn 75g
2 185g tins of tuna
Salt to taste
4 Lebanese bread
Za’artar (a few tablespoons) alternatively use sumac or dried oregano
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
To make the crackers, drizzle oil on each of the Lebanese bread. Sprinkle each one with za’artar spice.
Bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
To prepare the salad:
1. Cut the cucumbers into thin strips then finely dice.
2. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Finely dice the onion and roughly chop the basil leaves.
4. Add the salad ingredients along with the corn and tuna to a large bowl.
5. Season well with salt. Sprinkle over the oregano and add the olive oil (adding extra if needed). Mix everything until combined.
6. Roughly break the Lebanese bread crackers and use these to scoop up the salad.