1 green apple
500g pork mince
1 garlic clove
1 stick of celery
1 large carrot
1 cup baby spinach
1 1/4 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Handful of breadcrumbs
1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds
3 sheets puff pastry
- In a small fry pan dry roast fennel seeds. Using a mortar and pestle, brush until slightly ground.
- To a food processor add the apple, carrot, celery, baby spinach and garlic. Blitz for a few seconds until everything is finely chopped. Alternatively use a box grated for the carrot and apple. Finely chop the garlic, celery and baby spinach.
- Heat a medium pan adding olive oil, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds and all the vegetables with the apple. Season with some salt.
- Sauté vegetables for 5 minutes on medium heat until everything softens. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium size bowl add mince, 1 beaten egg, breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, cooked vegetables. Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut defrosted pastry sheets in half.
- Place meat/veggie mixture down the centre.
- Fold pastry up in the centre to seal
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining fennel seeds and sesame seeds.
- Cut sausage into x4 even pieces.
- Place on a lined tray and bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- If you have an airfryer cook these for 15 minutes.