2 large potatoes (peeled, halved cut lengthwise and into half moons*
3 Zucchini, cut lengthwise into thin strips
3 large tomatoes, halved and cut into half-moons
Approx 1/2 cup olive oil
Sea salt & ground black pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons fresh thyme finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano)
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 clove garlic finely chopped
*Note: make sure the potatoes are cut into thin pieces (approx 2-3mm to ensure they cook through)
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat
- Line a large baking tray and layout the zucchini and potatoes. Coat with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt.
- Grill them for approximately 3-5 minutes or until the zucchini starts to colour. This process will evaporate some of the excess water from the veg, so they don’t go soggy. If you don’t have a grill, you could do this step in a fry pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, chopped garlic, pinch of salt, pepper and chopped herbs. For a quick option, place all the items in a food processor and whizz til combined.
- Coat a deep oven dish approximately 28cm x 22cm with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- From the shorter side of the dish, start your line each of the vegetables so they stack against each other. Eg, start with the zucchini, then tomatoes the potatoes.
- Sprinkle each layer with the herbed crumb.
- Complete the process until all the vegetables are stacked. Sprinkle the remaining crumb over the top of the vegetables and pour over the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Just before it’s finished cooking, drizzle with extra olive oil.
- This combo tastes even better the next day. Best served at room temperature.
Recipe inspired by cookbook The Tucci Table