1 small onion
1-2 cloves garlic
400g spiral pasta (approx 3/4 of a packet)
1/2 cup pasta water + plus a few more tablespoons (if needed)
1 1/4 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cups of milk
Lemon zest to serve
- Preheat an oven to 210 deg Celsius
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Seperate 1/3 of the florets and place in a lined tray. Drizzle in olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and caramelised.
- Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Add the remaining chopped cauliflower florets in a saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil and allow them to cook for 5 minutes. Transfer the cooked florets to a blender with 1/3 cup of the cooking water (add an extra tablespoon if too thick). Blitz until smooth.
- Add the pasta in the same pot of water and cook until al dente
- In a seperate pan, cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until softened and translucent.
- Add flour and cook for another 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the milk and mix through. Then add the Parmesan cheese and cauliflower purée.
- Add in the Al dente pasta and a splash of the cooking water, cooking to thicken for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the roasted cauliflower on top with some grated lemon zest.