2 punnets of cherry or grape snacking tomatoes (halved)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
1/4 of an onion (finely diced)
4-5 basil leaves
1/3 cup water
Salt to taste
- To frypan on medium heat, add the olive oil, followed by the diced onion and garlic. Add a pinch of salt.
- Sauté the onion/garlic for a few minutes until aromatic or the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and a good pinch of salt. Allow these to cook for 5 minutes stirring and add the water.
- Once the tomatoes start to break down and create a sauce, stir in the basil leaves.
- Turn off when the sauce is reduced and thick.
Now create! Add to a pizza base or to a piece of fish and bake it.
This sauce can be the base of toasties. It’s is delicious as a side with a piece of steak or as a dipping sauce with some meatballs.