2 cups short grain rice
3.5 cups chicken or beef stock
1 small zucchini
1 stick celery
1 brown onion
1 clove garlic
1 stalk of rosemary
1 1/2 cup of tomato passata
500g beef mince
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup of grated mozzarella
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a food processor blitz veggies and herbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil with the butter to a large casserole dish. When the butter has melted add the veggies, and a pinch of salt and sauté them for a few minutes.
- Add the mince to the pan and brown it before adding the rice.
- Mix the rice for a few minutes before adding the tomato passata and beef stock. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then place the lid on.
- Place the dish in the oven and allow it to bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, stir through the peas, Parmesan cheese, and 3/4 of the grated cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top. Place the lid back in and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad.
OPTION: Add a cup of baby spinach when you mix through the frozen peas.