1 large bunch of basil (leaves only)
Half a bunch of continental parsley
2-3 handfuls of baby spinach
3 tablespoons pinenuts (pan roasted)
1 small clove garlic
50g of grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup of Extra Virgin olive oil
Sea Salt to taste
- Dry pan roast the pinenuts on medium heat until they start to colour (make sure you watch them as they can burn easily).
- Add all the elements into a food process except for the olive oil. Blitz until all the items are crushed and form a paste.
- Gradually pour in the olive oil until you achieve the consistency you like. Add extra olive oil for a runnier sauce or less for more chunky effect.
- Store in refrigerator ensuring the top is covered in olive oil for up to 7 days.
- You can also freeze into ice cube trays and use as needed. Store for 2 months.