1 leek (white part only)
2 medium potatoes
1/2 an onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 medium green zucchini
600-700ml of chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Salt to taste
Freshly cracked pepper
Sour cream to serve
- Roughly chop the onion and leek. Crush the garlic.
- Cut the peeled potatoes, zucchini, and cauliflower into similar sizes
- To a large pot add the onion, leek, and garlic. Sauté them on medium heat in olive oil and butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and mix through cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
- Bring to the boil and cook until the vegetables are soft. 12-15 minutes.
- Taste the seasoning and add extra stock if you’d prefer a runnier consistency. Using a hand-held blender, blitz until smooth.
- Serve with a teaspoon of sour cream, freshly cracked pepper and grated nutmeg.