8-10 chicken thigh cutlets (bone in)
1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
2 punnets of snacking tomatoes (400g)
2 small zucchini
1 heaped cup of baby spinach
3 tablespoons of parsley
2 cups of risoni (orzo) pasta
4 cups of chicken stock
Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Half the snacking tomatoes.
- Cut the zucchini into cubes.
- Finely chop the parsley and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large heavy base non-stick pan and place the chicken skin down. When browned, cook on the other side.
- Once the chicken has browned (but not cooked through) on both sides, remove them to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the diced onion and garlic with a few extra tablespoons of olive oil. Scrape off all the chicken bits from the base of the pan.
- After a few minutes, add the tomatoes. Season with salt. Lightly press on the tomatoes so they release some of their juices. After a 5 minutes of cooking add in the zucchini.
- Cook the zucchini for a few minutes then add in the risoni pasta, stock and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Stir through and return the chicken thighs back to the pan, placing on top of the risoni pasta .
- Sprinkle over the baby spinach and cover the dish with foil or a lid.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the top and serve immediately