4 medium tomatoes
Handful of cherry or snacking tomatoes
4-5 fresh thyme stalks (leaves only)
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of quality olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Slice the tomatoes into rounds. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Place on the tray (not overlapping one another)
- Season the tomatoes generously with salt (tomatoes LOVE salt).
- Season with cracked pepper.
- Hold the tip of the thyme stalk and pull down the leaves to remove. Sprinkle over the tomatoes
- Crush the garlic over the tomatoes
- Pour over the olive oil.
- Gently mix the tomatoes to coat them in the garlic, thyme leaves, seasoning and olive oil.
- Arrange them flat on the tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- To remove them, simple grab both ends of the baking paper and pour the tomatoes, juice and all into a plate.
- Now get creative! Add them to a side of eggs, on top of your favourite protein, make a pastry tart or add them to a sandwich.