4 egg yolks
100g grated Parmesan (more to serve)
150g Pancetta (or guanciale cured pork cheek found at Italian deli)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Cracked pepper (lots)
NB: Save egg whites and make a pavlova
- Separate egg yolks and whites. Set whites aside.
- Grate Parmesan and mix through the yolks with a few good pinches of pepper.
- Cut the pancetta into small pieces
- Thinly slice the zucchini into discs
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Cook pasta for 9 minutes.
- Using a large frying pan on med/high heat. Heat olive oil and add the pancetta and cook for 4 minutes or until it starts to colour.
- Add zucchini and cook for another few minutes, tossing the zucchini and pancetta
- Turn the heat off.
- Using tongs, add spaghetti to the fry pan along with a few tablespoons of starchy cooking water.
- Stir through the egg/Parmesan mix.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan and garnish with fresh parsley (optional).