1 teaspoon capers
Zest of a lemon
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley
1 teaspoon chives
1 heaped cup of mash potatoes
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Rind of a lemon
Salt & pepper
Olive oil for cooking
- Finely chop the capers, chives and shallots.
- To a bowl add the tuna, mashed potatoes, a beaten egg, parsley, chives, shallots, capers, Parmesan, salt, pepper and lemon rind.
- Mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Form the patties from a heaped tablespoon of the mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a fry pan on medium/high heat
- Cook in two batches browning each side for a few minutes before flipping.
- Serve warm on a bed of baby cos lettuce salad, sliced avocado with extra chives and a Dijon mustard, white wine, lemon juice and olive oil dressing.
- Dollop over a dipping sauce*
*Make a creamy dipping sauce – Combine a 1/4 cup of green yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon mustard, salt, 2 tablespoon lemon juice and avocado. Blitz and use as needed.