800g Italian Pork sausage
A head of broccoli
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
1-2 teaspoons of chilli flakes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tins of crushed tomatoes
1/3 cup of Parmesan (extra to serve)
1/2 cup of fresh ricotta
500g shell or casarecce pasta
- Remove the pork sausage meat from the casing.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets.
- In an extra large fry pan, cook the sausage meat until browned (breaking it down with a spatula) on medium/high heat.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and chilli. Mix through and allow the onions to cook for a few minutes before adding in the tin tomatoes. Fill one of the tins with water and add to the sauce. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat.
- While the sauce is cooking, fill a pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli and salt to the water.
- When the water boils, add the pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes. Taste the pasta for seasoning.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce and mix through.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add tablespoons of the ricotta cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese.