1 small zucchini
1 small onion
2-3 stalks fresh thyme (leaves only)
2-3 stalks of parsley
1 small clove garlic
1 heaped tablespoon of breadcrumbs
500g chicken mince
4 sheets of puff pastry
Salt 1 teaspoon
Pepper (1/2 teaspoons)
20g olive oil
Season seeds to garnish
- To a food processor, add the carrot, zucchini, garlic, leek, thyme and parsley
- Blitz until finely grated
- Heat a fry pan on medium/heat along with the butter and olive oil. Add in the veggies with a sprinkle of salt. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Allow to cool
- Pre-Heat oven to 200 deg celcuis
- In a large bowl add vegetable mixture to chicken mince, breadcrumbs and a beaten egg. Season with salt & pepper and combine.
- Pre-Heat oven to 200 deg Celsius
- Beat an egg to create a wash for the pastry
- Thaw out the pastry sheets. Cut in half and place chicken mince in the centre from one end of the pastry to the other. Fold the pastry to close and use a fork to press down and seal.
- Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle each roll with sesame seeds. Cut the roll in half.
- Place sausage rolls lined tray and bake for half hour an hour or until pastry is golden.
- Place and any uncooked sausage rolls on a tray. Freeze. When frozen remove and place in a zip lock bag in the freezer.